WT Boat Trips 2006-2009
Following is a cronological list of all the maritime (boat/ferry/dugout/raft or whatever) trips I’ve taken on the WT journey so far.
Right from when it all started at KM Zero when Pablo and I left the ferry (from Copenhagen to Swinoujscie) in that cold April morning in 2006.
Since then there’s been another 28 boat trips of varying length, from the 5 min. raft trip across the Titicaca Lake in Bolivia (# 27) to the king-size 50 hour-voyage from Bintan Island just south of Singapore and all the way to Jakarta, Java (# 15).
The most beautiful was probably the ones in The Kingdom of Tonga (but see below for the classic exception)) (# 24+25) and the most recent across the Nicaragua Lake to the island of Ometepe, Nicaragua (# 29)…
The WT-reader will know that the worst maritime rides were the first 33 hours of the sailing boat ride from Colombia to Panama (# 28) and the ride to the Tongan island of ‘Eua (# 23).
The most crowded and uncomfortable (seasickness not included here) was the ferry ride from Sumbawa Isl. to Sumba Isl. in the East Indonesian archipelago, Nusa Tenggara (# 20, see under “more”).
I hope you enjoy the list!
Nicolai (March 2009, León – Nicaragua)
1. Copenhagen, Denmark -> Swinoujscie, Poland. April 2006.
2. Across Atatürk Baraji, Turkey. July 2006.
3. Baku, Azerbaijan -> Turkmenbashi, Turkmenistan. August 2006.
4. Battambang -> Siem Reap, Cambodia. December 2006. (more, Danish)
5. Luang Prabang -> Ban Houey Xai, Laos . March 2007.
6. Chumphon -> Koh Tao, Thailand. May 2007 (more).
7. Koh Tao -> Koh Pha-Ngan, Thailand. June 2007 (more).
8. Koh Pha-Ngan -> Koh Samui, Thailand. June 2007.
9. Koh Samui -> Don Sak, Thailand. June 2007.
10. Kuala Perlis -> Pulau Langkawi, Malaysia. June 2007.
11. Pulau Langkawi -> Pulau Penang, Malaysia. June 2007.
12. Kuala Besut -> Pulau Perhentian, Malaysia. June 2007. (more, Danish)
13. Tanjung Gemok -> Pulau Tioman, Malaysia. July 2007.
14. Singapore -> Batam, Indonesia. July 2007. (more, Danish)
15. Batam Isl. -> Bintan Isl., Indonesia. July 2007.
16. Telaga Punggur -> Jakarta, Indonesia. August 2007. (more, Danish)
17. Java -> Bali, Indonesia. August 2007. (more, Danish)
18. Bali -> Lombok, Indonesia. September 2007.
19. Lombok -> Sumbawa, Indonesia. September 2007.
20. Sumbawa -> Sumba, Indonesia. September 2007. (more)
21. Sumba -> West Timor, Indonesia. September 2007. (more, Danish)
22. Picton -> Wellington, New Zealand. May 2008. (more, Danish)
23. Tongatapu -> ’Eua (return), Tonga. June 2008. (more, Danish)
24. Tongatapu -> Ha’apai, Tonga. June 2008.
25. Ha’apai -> Vava’u, Tonga. June 2008. (more)
26. Tahiti -> Moorea (return), French Polynesia. July 2008.
27. Across Lago de Titicaca, Tiquina, Bolivia. October 2008. (more, Danish)
28. Cartagena, Colombia -> Cartí, Panama. February 2009. (more)
29. San Jorge -> Isla Ometepe, Nicaragua. March 2009. (more)